Mitsubishi EVO 4/5/6 96-01 BC-Racing Coilover Kit [ZR]
This BC Racing coilover has the following specifications:
* Default Springrate Front: 6K
* Default Springrate Rear: 6K
* Pillowball Topmounts Front: NO
* Pillowball Topmounts Rear: NO
* Camber Adjustable Topmounts Front: NO
* Camber Adjustable Topmounts Rear: NO
* Manufacturer Code: B-11-ZR
ZR Series: Track use ‐ 3-Way Adjustable (Stage 5)
The BC Racing ZR Series Coilovers bring a 3-way adjustable track ready coilover system to racers from novice to pro for an affordable price that has never been seen in the industry. Each ZR Series Coilover system offeres independent low-speed/high-speed compression adjustments and separate rebound adjustment.
On cars with McPherson struts, the ZR Series comes standard with an inverted mono-tube damper. The damper has a steel braided Teflon coated line exiting the top of the damper to the external reservoirs that can be remotely mounted on the chassis for easy adjustment.
Cars with double A-arm suspension come with upright dampers. These dampers have steel braided Teflon Coated lines or solid stem that exit the damper at the bottom and lead to the external reservoir that can be mounted under the chassis or on the shock body itself. The ZR Series offers 30- clicks of rebound adjustment, 15-clicks of low speed compression adjustment and 12-clicks of high speed compression adjustment.
* 3-Way Adjustable â€“ External Reservoirs
* Inverted Mono-Tube Damper With Twin Piston Design
* Height Adjustment Via Shock Body, Not Spring
* 30 Clicks Of Independently Adjustable Rebound
* 15 Clicks Of Independently Adjustable Low Speed Compression
* 12 Clicks Of Independently Adjustable High Speed Compression
* Front camber plates are included on all applicable kits. Adjustable rear camber plates on certain applications.
* Front And Rear Pillowball Top Mounts Standard Where Camber Plates Do Not Apply
* Not all vehicles allow for inverted front and rear dampers. in such cases an upright mono-tube damper will be supplied. the braided line/hard stem for the external reservoir exits the base of the damper when not inverted. please note that not all vehicles use camber plates in the front and/or rear. in such cases pillowball topmounts are supplied in place of camber plates. Some vehicles re-use oem topmounts.
* Attention: As these sets are for track use only they can make noises that for some users may not be acceptable for daily/street use.
* In the box: 4 Coilovers including Dampers, Springs, Lower Mounts, Topmounts (if applicable), Adjuster Wrenches, Warranty Card with Serial Nr.
* ZR series shock cartridges (inserts) are NOT sold separately. Whenever a shock cartridge requires replacing the customer is required to buy a complete unit.
Note: Pictures online are mostly general (sample) images of the ZR series, it does not always show the actual set for your car.
General info about BC Racing:
BC Racing offers the following levels of coilover kits;
V1 Series: Street use ‐ Entry Level (Stage 1)
BR Series: Street & Track use - Pro (Stage 2)
DS Series: Track use - Digressive (Stage 2.1)
RM Series: Track use ‐ Inverted Dampers (Stage 3)
ER Series: Track use ‐ 2-Way Adjustable (Stage 4)
HM Series: Track use ‐ 2-Way Adjustable - Inverted Dampers (Stage 4.1)
ZR Series: Track use ‐ 3-Way Adjustable (Stage 5)
BC Racing is originally founded in the late 90"s and they have been a well known industry leader to this day and their products are found in all types of vehicles ranging from complete race-cars to everyday drivers. BC Racing Benelux / Showoff Imports teamed up with BC racing in the late 2000's as their sole-distributor to start offering the amazing products BC racing manufacturers to the public in The Netherlands, Belgium and currently even many more EU countries.
Coilovers from BC Racing are the pinnacle of adjustable performance for your ride. They"re designed to compete at the very highest levels and take the punishment of circuit and fast road abuse in their stride. For example; The BR Series Street and circuit coil over offer height adjustability via a bottom mount (to maintain full damper travel) aluminium top plates, pillowball upper mounts and a dust boot to protect the damper seals.
The dampers themselves incorporate a large 46mm diameter piston, housed within a 53mm diameter damper body to ensure maximum oil capacity. Damping has been worked out so carefully that BC units are filled with a viscosity of oil that favorably alters the damping to take account of the oil heating up during hard use. The large capacity of the oil reservoir in BC dampers reduces temperature fade of the oil keeping damping performance at the highest possible level. BC"s damper units are also pressurized with nitrogen gas that reduces the aeration of the oil and improves damper consistency and damping quality.
The BC range provides a great "bang for your buck" coilover setup that mixes street and circuit use very well. With an entry-level price coupled with excellent performance, you"ll be hard pushed to find a coilover quite as capable for anywhere near the price tag.
We have the ability to set up your coilover kit with custom spring rates based on your needs. If you need custom specs for spring rate then please email us directly. Be advised, the standard kit that BC Racing puts together is a very good match for most cars and drivers so most people don"t need a "custom" kit! Custom Spring rates will require 1-3 weeks build time since they are built to order.
Camber plates are not available on some kits due to the factory design of some vehicles. Camber plates will generally only work on a "McPherson strut" design. Reason is because some car makers use A-Arm style suspension on their cars, both front and rear. This style of suspension will not support the use of a camber plate, so you would need to use either an adjustable Arm/Link or other camber adjustment setup. For example; If you ever see a listing that says a Civic EK kit includes camber plates, many times it is not correct. These listings are usually generic listings that cover many makes of cars. The kits will generally ship with rubber insert upper mounts, which are ideal for street use, Pillowball plates are optional. However the pillowball plate is just a solid steel bearing, it has no adjustments.
BC Racing Benelux offers the Extreme Lowering kit for most vehicles upon request. This includes a shorter spring and shock combo to allow for a lower overall drop. This will also affect how high the kit can go, so there is a trade off and you should consider this before ordering. We only recommend the "Extra Low" option for those who are looking to go very low, slammed, stanced, etc. We do not recommend this setup for serious track vehicles unless you really know how to setup the suspension around them. If you need your set extra low, please email us. The price costs for an extra low set are 75 euro incl 21% VAT.